Have you ever noticed the difference in how you feel with a very light blanket on versus a heavier blanket? Have you found the heavier blanket to be more comforting? There’s a reason for that!
It’s known as Deep Pressure Stimulation (DPS). It’s like firm but gentle hugs, holding or squeezing that relaxes the nervous system. This comforting pressure can be mimicked with weighted blankets.
Anyone with insomnia, anxiety, autism, ADHD, chronic pain or who is suffering loss may be able to benefit from a weighted blanket. Or really just anyone who wants to sleep more soundly.
I decided to review weighted blankets for adults separately from kids because it’s hard to compare the two kinds at the same time. There are also some extra precautions to take when using them for kids so please see my article below.
Tips For Choosing A Weighted Blanket
- Check the return policy!
- It’s best to use one blanket for one person instead of trying to share.
- When choosing the size, it’s not meant to cover the bed. Choose it more like you would a throw blanket.
- It is convenient to have 2 covers for when one is being washed.
- It takes about a week to get used to the weight.
- Recommended blanket weights between 10%-15% of body weight; 10% seems to be more popular.
- The weight is distributed throughout the blanket so it’s more concentrated in a smaller sized blanket.
I do not earn commissions from the links on this page.
(The links on this page will open in Amazon on a new page)
Weighted Evolution Weighted Blanket + Organic Bamboo Duvet
Click Image to Order
- Inner blanket: 100% Microfiber
- Duvet: 95% bamboo, 5% Spandex
- Micro glass beads
- 12 loops connecting the cover to the inner blanket
- 4″ quilted diamond shape pocket size
- Full Refund, 30 days, no questions asked
The benefits of Bamboo are numerous. It’s naturally Antibacterial keeping you odor-free and smelling fresh, highly wicking which pulls moisture away from your body has unique insulating and cooling properties that allows you to stay warmer in winter and cooler in summer. It’s also eco-friendly, hypoallergenic, and possibly the softest natural fabric on the planet.
Review: I love this one because of the unique bamboo cover that comes in grey, minky grey, and turquoise not just for the colors but for the benefits of bamboo listed above. It also has the most loops I’ve seen for securing the cover to the inner blanket so it stays more secure. And they offer a full refund.
Degrees of Comfort Weighted Blanket Adult with 2 Duvet Covers
Click Image to Order
- Comes with 2 duvet covers, CoolMax and Warm Fleece
- Comes in cool grey, regular grey and regular navy
- Can buy extra covers separately
- Inner blanket: Cotton
- Duvet: 50% nylon, 50% polyester
- Nanoceramic beads distributed throughout
- 10 Ties connecting the cover to inner blanket
- Excellent customer service
- 365 day Money back guarantee
Review: First, you get 2 covers!! The Warm Fleece duvet is super soft and silky. It comes in navy which is nice especially if you have more than one in the house, you can get one of each and keep track of which one belongs to each person. I like that you can buy the covers separately and let’s face it … their 365 day Money back guarantee is the best I’ve seen.
Note: Be aware that the nano-ceramic beads are basically the consistency of sand as opposed to the other 2 blankets which have glass beads.
Quility Premium Adult Weighted Blanket & Removable Cover
Click Image to Order
- Comes in six different colors including pink, ivory, aqua, and grey
- Many different sizes
- 100% Cotton outer layer
- Removable Minky soft duvet cover
- Chart for choosing the best size and weight for you
- Premium micro glass beads
- 8 ties connecting the cover to the inner blanket
- Machine Wash
- $20 Coupon as of 02/16/21 Click image above to order now
- Full Refunds, no questions asked
The ultra-breathable, 100%-cotton outer layer is lined with non-glue polyester padding and two extra polyester layers that contain millions of premium micro glass beads. This structure provides optimal temperature control and guarantees that our blankets never leak beads.
Review: The Minky cover is soft warm and comfortable and comes in several different colors and sizes. Because of the polyester padding and layers, it stays warm and keeps the beads in place. My opinion aside; 85% of reviews on Amazon are 5 stars. If you get the wrong size or weight, it’s easy to return.
I hope the information I have provided will help you choose the right weighted blanket for you or your loved ones and most of all I hope it helps with your insomnia and/or anxiety.
Please share your thoughts and ask questions in the comments section below.
Thank you and Here’s to many great nights of sleep!
Disclaimer: The information on this website is for educational purposes only; it is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or mental health conditions. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider to evaluate and treat your physical and mental symptoms.